Current ACT Fees and Services
All fees are nonrefundable unless otherwise noted.
ACT (no writing)
Includes reports for you, your high school, and up to four colleges (if codes are provided when you register).
ACT with writing
Includes reports for you, your high school, and up to four colleges (if codes are provided when you register). The $16.50 writing test fee is refundable on written request if you are absent on test day or switch to ACT (no writing) before testing begins.
Additional Registration Fees and Services
Add to your test fee (except for Test Center Change).
Score reports for 5th and 6th college choices
$15.00 (price is for each)
Additional Score Reports
You can request additional score reports online after registration.
Request online before the test date. Refundable on written request if you do not test.
Registration or test date change made during the late period for a non-US test date.
Test date change
For different date only if absent or unable to test on the original date or if registration is cancelled for failure to meet ACT test security requirements. You must pay the change fee. If you request a date change after the regular deadline for the new date, you must also pay the late registration fee. How can I make changes to my registration?
Test center change (same test date)
*Note: If you make a test change, some fees, such as scores for 5th and 6th college choices and additional score will be updated to reflect the current price. You will be automatically refunded the original fee paid and charged the current price
Some districts or school networks offer vouchers to select student populations to cover all or portions of the registration fee and late registration fee for the ACT. The vouchers are distributed through the schools. Check with your school’s counselor or test coordinator to see if you will receive one.
The following procedures apply:
- The voucher covers reports to your high school and up to four universities (if you provide valid codes when you register).
- This voucher may not be used to pay any of the following fees: additional college choices, other services, test date or test center changes.
- You may submit a voucher for only one test date.
- The voucher is used once you register even if you do not test on the requested test date.
- When registering online, enter the serial number from the top-right corner of the voucher on the payment screen, and then follow the directions on the screen to “apply” the voucher to validate it. (If you select any additional services or register during the late period, enter a credit card to pay those additional fees.) You must click “Submit” to complete your registration.
- If requesting Special Testing, return the completed and signed voucher with your completed Request for ACT Special Testing.
If you have more questions about billing, specifically, please use this form to get in touch.